BITSAT 2018 – Logical Reasoning Step by Step Solutions
BITSAT 2018 Logical Reasoning
The Logical Reasoning section for BITSAT 2018 is divided so that 10 questions are allotted to it. If candidates can get this section right, it adds 30 points to their total score right away!
The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
Do not worry. We have listed down two sample Logical Reasoning questions for your understanding.
Try solving these questions yourself and then check your approach with the solution given below
Looks tough! Well actually it isn’t.
For both the questions, as you will see below, we will first study the given figure to obtain the pattern.
Solution for question 1
The pattern here is as follows
- For the 1st pair, the circle followed by a triangle are both within the same shape i.e. a square
- For the 2nd pair, the triangle followed by a circle are both outside the same shape i.e. a square
- For the 3rd pair, the circle is followed by a triangle and both contain the same shape i.e. a square
- Hence from pattern continuity, the circle will follow the triangle in the 4th pair and its relative position would be the same as the triangle w.r.t the square in the 1st symbol of the 4th pair i.e. symbol number (3) which means both the circle and triangle have the square on top.
- Thus the correct option is (C)
Solution for question 2
The pattern here is as follows
- For the 1st group, the number of white regions are 2, 3 and 2
- For the 2nd group, the number of white regions are again 2, 3 and 2
- Thus for the 3rd group, the number of white regions should be 2, 3 and 2 from pattern continuity
- Hence the correct missing figures are given in (4).
- The correct answer is therefore option (d)
Logical Deduction since we are into Logic
Logical Reasoning questions are easy to solve and where you need a overall marks of 300 to clear the cut-off, 30 marks could prove invaluable and could well be the final deciding factor in your getting a better branch/discipline in BITS Pilani, Goa or Hyderabad.
And for securing the full 30 marks, nothing will enhance your chances of success during your logical reasoning test more than familiarity with the content, structure and timing of the test.
And, we already know the universal truth :- Practice makes both Mr X and Miss Y perfect.
We know that you want to score high in the logical reasoning section.
So what are you waiting for? Get ahead with DoPrep JEE (main) and BITSAT 2016 test series.
Boost your preparation for BITS by signing up for our BITSAT 2016 Online Test Series with 10 full Mock tests.
Discuss doubts with experts and peers on our forum page.